The Borgata Hotel and Casino Spa plans to be the first casino to offer online gambling and poker in Atlantic City, NJ.
The Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) of New Jersey recently granted an operating licence in online gambling to the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. It is estimated that the first Borgata online casino will be launched in November this year. Earlier it was reported that Borgata would team up with Bwin.Party to provide the hotel residents with online gambling via the websites borgatacasino.com and borgatapoker.com.
President and chief executive officer of Boyd Gaming Corp, Keith Smith, said, “We intend to be among the first to offer online gambling in the state of New Jersey and are confident the Borgata brand will allow us to capture a substantial share of this lucrative market.”
The process of legalizing online gambling in New Jersey began almost two years ago when Governor Chris Christie passed a law legalizing online gambling, making New Jersey the third state after Nevada and Delaware to authorize online gambling.
The Borgata Hotel and Casino Spa has certainly made a smart move by partnering with one of the biggest names in the online gaming industry. The hotel is the first operator to receive a licence in New Jersey. There is a big demand for online gambling in the state, especially after it was reported that Atlantic City was experiencing a decline in revenues. Many European gaming firms have identified this as an opportunity to enter the emerging US market, and New Jersey has proven the best market in which to start.
- Stringent Technology Busts Online Gambling Fraudster in New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Officials Conduct Thorough Study of Online Gambling
- Find Top Rated Online Casinos Using A Professional Guide
- How not to get blacklisted from an online casino
- Choose Online Casinos In Your Region And Win In Your Currency
- New Legislation which would Ban Online Gambling is Introduced to Congress
- Amaya and Ultimate Gaming to Supply Games in New Jersey
- Full Tilt Poker to Reimburse US Players
- Borgata Joins Income Access to Launch Affiliate Recruitment Programme
- Mobile Gambling could Potentially Expand Online Gambling in New Jersey