How to play online Pai Gow Poker
Online Pai Gow is becoming one of the most popular casino games on the net. Pai Gow Poker is also known as double-hand poker and is a fusion of poker and the Chinese game Pai Gow. Pai Gow is played with a 52 card deck and a joker. A maximum of 6 players can play the game. Each player will attempt to beat the banker. Play Pai Gow if you want an easy game that will keep you entertained for hours then play Pai Gow. It is one of the most popular and interesting poker games.
How to play online Pai Gow poker
The deck of cards should be shuffled and dealt in seven piles which are all face down. There are seven cards per pile. Remember that four cards will not be used in the game. Betting positions will then be given a number from 1 to 7. The first bet will start with the player who is the banker.
In this poke version, players are not wagering against each other but against the bank. The game is not played with dominoes like the original Pai Gow game. The game is played with a deck of cards. The object of the game is for the player to hold two hands of cards that have a higher rank than the banker’s two hands.
The game is played on a special Pai Gow table. Land-based casinos don’t always have enough space to fit a Pai Gow table. However, playing online Pai Gow gets rid of this problem. You can play online Pai Gow at a number of exciting online casinos. The role of banker can be declined by a player and passed to the next player. If there is a dealer in the game then he/she will be the banker.
If each player’s hands beat the banker’s hand then he/she wins the bet. However, if one of the hands beats the dealer then he/she ties with the banker. This means that neither of one of them has one the bet.
In a land-based casino the banker is usually supposed to set his/her hand in a specified manner. This is called the “house-way” and it prevents the player from creating a strategy. However, if a player is banking then he/she can set any hand that they want. You do have the option of co-banking with the house but that means that your hand has to be set in the way that the house prefers.
The basic strategy of the game is to try and get the highest two-card hand that you can get. The best hand will still leave a higher five-card hand behind. You can create a strategy for Pai Gow Poker if the “house-way” option is not chosen by the dealer. It can be difficult to create a strategy though because you need to memorize large tables. However, house strategies can be reasonable so don’t worry too much about it.
- If you have no pairs, flushes or straights don’t worry. You can set the second as well as the third highest ranking cards in your two-card hand.
- If you do not have anything but a single pair then he/she has the choice to place it in his/her five-card hand. You will need to then put the two highest remaining cards in your two-card hand.
- If you have two pairs then you might be a bit confused. There is no obvious strategy in this case. A player can play a high pair behind or a small pair in front. Otherwise you can put a two pair behind and high cards in front.
- Three pairs is one of the best hands that you can have. You should place the highest pair in front.
- If you have three of a kind, place them behind and the remaining high cards in front (unless they are aces). Split three aces by playing a pair behind and an ace-high in front.
- If you have a full house then you’re in luck. Play the three of a kind behind and the pair in front.
- If you have four of a kind, make sure you play as if it were two pair. Try and think strategically before you make the decision to split.
- If you have a three pair and a straight or flush then you should play your hand as a three pair. Make sure your ace is in front.
Play Pai Gow Poker
Play Pai Gow if you want the opportunity to lay one of the most popular poker games. It is a fusion between the Chinese game of Pai Gow and poker. Like all poker games it can be a bit intimidating at first. Online Pai Gow poker provides a relaxed atmosphere. You’ll soon be winning lots of extra money once you get the hang of the game.