A new gambling themed drama entitled Mississippi Grind is set to star Ryan Reynolds and Ben Mendelsohn. The film is written and directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck – a duo known for films such as Half Nelson and It’s Kind of a Funny Story.
Mississippi Grind centres on two gamblers who road trip across the southern parts of the United States, chasing their losses in an attempt to win big and repay their debts. Ryan Reynolds, star of the Green Lantern, will play the rookie gambler while Ben Mendelsohn, most recently seen in The Dark Knight Rises, has signed up as the old hand who partners up with Reynolds’s character.
Jake Gyllenhaal was originally approached to play the lead in Mississippi Grind, but the Brokeback Mountain star recently announced his withdrawal from the project.
The release date for the movie is yet to be announced.
- Bet365 Steps up to Bat at the Ashes
- Court Rules in Favour of 32Red
- Skrill to Sponsor the EPT
- Net Entertainment Releases Preview of New Slot – Magic Portals
- Microgaming Launches Four New Slots
- UK Gambling Commission Publishes Industry Statistics
- Mystery Closure of Guru Play Casino
- Jackpot Capital Casino Launches ‘Ultimate Survivor’ Competition
- Rival’s Crazy Camel Cash Now Available to Larger Audience
- Nuworks releases a New Slot called Big Rig