Professional sports teams New Jersey Devils and 76ers have partnered up with Partypoker.com in a reported $10 million partnership deal.
Both sports teams are owned by the same group, but will partner individually with the online gambling company. The agreement also includes co-branded features that integrate Partypoker into the teams’ websites, social media accounts, and mobile applications, as well as in-arena advertising. Players in New Jersey who play on Partypoker are eligible for prizes, including tickets to games.
While casinos are known to advertise for and sponsor American sports teams, this is the first deal with an online gambling company. As per the agreement with the sports teams, the entities will be required to integrate marketing efforts. For example, fans that play at Nj.Partypoker.com will be given the opportunity to compete for various prizes, including regular, courtside, and VIP-suite seats at all Devils and Sixers home games.
NBA 76ers and NHL Devils CEO Scott O’Neil is optimistic about the new partnerships.
“The best partnerships are when you connect with the best people,” he said. “We felt a really good comfort from Day One.”
Organisers are keen on emphasising that it is not sports betting on offer, but online casino games. “The deal is not about sports, it’s purely about poker,” Teufelberger said. “Sports betting is not on the table.”
- Full Tilt Poker to Reimburse US Players
- Borgata Joins Income Access to Launch Affiliate Recruitment Programme
- Mobile Gambling could Potentially Expand Online Gambling in New Jersey
- Borgata Reports a 15% Increase in Revenue for January 2014
- Get High or Get Rich?
- High 5 Games Launches Remote Games Server in New Jersey
- New Jersey Plans to Extend Online Gambling
- Virgin Casino to Launch in New Jersey on Friday
- NJ Online Gambling Successes and Setbacks Detailed in DGE Report
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa Launches Mobile Gambling Apps